CAPACITY COMES TO THE SOUTHWEST
The Phoenix metro area is consistently rated as a top emerging market for data center activity, and it’s easy to see why. This technology hub hits the mark when it comes to several key requirements in site selection and development:
- Competitive Power Rates: Phoenix’s cost of power is well below the average cost per kwh than many of the other western U.S. utilities.
- Access to Power: Arizona Public Service (APS) provides comprehensive electrical coverage and the region is a reliable source of solar power.
- Low Risk: Phoenix has the nation’s lowest combined natural disaster risk. This region is naturally protected from most natural disasters including earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, and many others.
- Robust Connectivity: Phoenix is served by over 12 dark and lit providers throughout the region, providing plenty of options with minimal latency.
- Tax Incentives: The state of Arizona offers 10-year tax waivers as well as state and local sales tax rebates for both data center equipment purchases and labor expenses, which translate into millions in potential savings and TCO benefits.